We hope your holidays were joyous and meaningful! RCJ is excited to start out the new year with a Habitat for Humanity building project on Oct. 13, the first of several Tikkun Olam activities planned for the coming year. All-day, morning (9 a.m.-noon), or afternoon (12:30-3:30 p.m.) shifts are available, and lunch is provided. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details and to RSVP.
We’re also looking forward to the Second Annual RCJam, an appreciation celebration for our current and future members, on Oct. 20. The evening will feature a live DJ, food, beverages, and a raffle.
This year we are bringing back some of our most popular programs, including Pumpkin Carving at the Nature Realm (Oct. 28, from 2-4 p.m.), and we are also eager to try out some new RCJ event ideas such as Jewish jewelry making, Jewish cooking, and an educational program about Ethiopian Jews.
Join us at our events and get to know other young adults and young families in Jewish Akron! For only $18 a year, become an RCJ-Ticket holder for free or discounted admission to our programs and lots of other community events. Purchase any time online at www.JewishAkron.org/RCJ-Ticket or at any event with cash or check.
- Name: Meghan Newman
- How long have you been involved with RCJ: Since 2015
- Where are you from: Originally from Cleveland (Beachwood) and have lived in Akron for around two years
- Job: I am a licensed therapist at a private practice in Fairlawn
- Favorite food: I have so many favorite foods! I love pizza, Italian, and Chinese food.
- Favorite Music: I love music! Anything from James Taylor to Stevie Wonder to Alicia Keys.
- Hobbies: Being an amateur film buff, cooking, trying new restaurants, dancing, and watching game shows.
- Favorite thing about Akron: The diversity and the friendliness of the people. I am used to the “big city” feel of Cleveland and have grown to appreciate the many different neighborhoods Akron has to offer.
- Favorite RCJ program: I would have to say the Shabbat dinners, especially because I met my husband Scott at one!