Beth El Congregation is an innovative conservative synagogue in Akron grounded in Jewish tradition and caring community, located at the front door of the Albert L. and Janet A. Schultz Campus for Jewish Life; sharing a building with the Jewish Community Board of Akron (Federation), The Shaw JCC of Akron, The Lippman Day School, and Jewish Family Service. As a sacred community dedicated to growing Jewishly, we seek to provide a wide range of spiritual, cultural, social and lifelong learning experiences to all who are looking for a vibrant and inclusive Jewish community.
Beth El Congregation seeks to fill the position of Manager of Synagogue Services, a part-time position (24-32 hours per week) providing event, logistical, and administrative support for the Rabbi, Hazzan, Board of Trustees, and lay leadership of Beth El Congregation.
Position responsibilities including management of office, equipment, and administrative staff; financial management; communications and member relations; and logistics. The ideal candidate must have a love for details, for getting things done, and for quick follow up.
• Associates Degree required; Bachelor’s degree preferred
• At least 3-5 years’ experience in event planning or project implementation
• Ability to work nights and weekends, as required
• Can exercise discretion in handling confidential information
• The grace and people skills to represent the Synagogue to a broad range of members and guests
• The ability to influence others to participate actively in programs and events and to volunteer their skills and talents
• The creative penchant for how to transform a plain event space into an inviting one
• The enthusiasm and imagination to be a full participant in planning meetings
• A love for community, gathering, and learning – be a people person
• Growing knowledge and interest in Jewish life
Apply online at www.indeed.com.