The Jewish Community Board of Akron is hosting a mission to Spain from April 28-May 5. We'll explore the Jewish history of Spain, visiting Madrid, Seville, Granada, Cordoba and Toledo.
Just a few of the trip's highlights:
- The Royal Palace in Madrid
- Renowned art museum, The Prado
- The Sephardic Museum and the Santa Maria La Blanca Church (formerly the Grand Synagogue) in Toledo
- Casa de Sefarad, dedicated to the history of the Sephardic Jews living in Cordoba and Spain prior to the Inquisition
- Cordoba's famous Cathedral-Mosque
- The Santa Cruz neighborhood, Seville's former Jewish Quarter
On Sunday, Dec. 14 from 10-11 am, learn more about the trip at an informational meeting held at the Shaw JCC, 750 White Pond Drive.
The cost per person is $3,465. View the complete itinerary at jewishakron.org. Contact David Koch at 330-869-2424 for more information or to register.