The Campus Graphic Designer will contribute to the vision, mission and values of the Jewish Community Board of Akron (JCBA) along with the agencies it serves – The Shaw JCC of Akron and The Lippman School – by developing creative and innovative print and digital media as a member of the Campus Marketing Team.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Campus Graphic Designer is responsible for the oversight of the visual identities of JCBA, Shaw JCC and The Lippman School as well as the Schultz Campus for Jewish Life through creative vision and compelling design. Working in close collaboration with the Campus Marketing Director, this position will serve as a creative and strategic thought-leader for the continued elevation and evolution of the Campus brand identity.
- Generate exceptional creative concepts and produce outstanding designs for print and digital mediums, including but not limited to the Akron Jewish News, direct mail, advertising, program guides, annual reports, fundraising event invitations, special projects and social media and website graphics.
- Coordinate and manage multiple, varied projects that may range from a single day to many months.
- Manage design workflow, including edit and revision process with high standards of efficiency and service, as directed by supervisor.
- Manage production schedule from conception to design and delivery and ensure projects are completed on deadline and with excellence.
- Ensure that the delivery of all content design elements, art and graphic formats follow the required specifications for output in print, online, electronic and multimedia deliverables.
- Maintain a high level of applicable professional knowledge, including new technology, current trends and best practices through ongoing professional education and research.
- Assist at events as needed.
- Specialized knowledge of methods and techniques of graphic design and layout with a solid foundation in printing procedures, photography and illustration.
- Strong understanding of branding, color theory and typography.
- Proven ability to oversee projects from concept through layout, finished art and production phases to completion.
- Experience with writing, proofing and editing.
- Ability to work effectively and collaborate across multiple agencies and departments.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proven ability to work under pressure, prioritize work and meet multiple deadlines.
- Knowledge of Jewish community with an understanding, appreciation and passion for the mission and values of the Schultz Campus for Jewish Life is preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in design, marketing or related field.
- Minimum 3-5 years of professional graphic design experience.
- Highly proficient in Adobe Creative Suite.
A cover letter submitted with your resume is strongly encouraged. Deadline to apply is Monday, March 18.